You can consider us MVPs (most virtual podcasters) this week as we review Air, the latest film directed by Ben Affleck. Yes, Ben is BACK, and he co-stars with Matt Damon in this 80s-set biographical drama from Amazon about how Nike signed with then-rookie Michael Jordan to create the Air Jordan shoe line against all odds. The movie also stars Jason Bateman, Marlon Wayans, Chris Messina, Chris Tucker, and Viola Davis. Is this one a shoe-in for some Oscars? Is Affleck back in step? Will it be nothing but profit? Will Jon and Will calm down on the basketball puns which were cheap layups from the start?
Intro Music: “Deception” by Ari Burns, Jehri Stampley & Howden
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Air:
COURTING A LEGEND. Sonny Vaccaro and Nike pursue basketball rookie Michael Jordan, creating a partnership that revolutionizes the world of sports and contemporary culture. [Source: Letterboxd]