We’re celebrating Valentine’s Day weekend with some new films featuring powerful female leads. Special guest Val Complex joins us to review Alita: Battle Angel, a new sc-fi blockbuster from Robert Rodriguez and James Cameron starring Rosa Salazar. We also discuss Happy Death Day 2U, the sequel to the horror slasher comedy from 2017 starring Jessica Rothe. And Isn’t It Romantic, a romantic comedy parody movie starring Rebel Wilson, plus a whole lot more.
- 00:03:24 – Alita: Battle Angel
- 00:32:48 – Happy Death Day 2U
- 00:54:32 – Isn’t It Romantic
- 01:01:00 – Russian Doll
- 01:09:52 – Horror Noire
- 01:16:37 – Lords of Chaos
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for standalone reviews
I’ve been listening to the podcast for a while and I’m loving this website! I’m glad there was some at least one person who liked Alita as much as I did, but the guest made really great points. Would you all ever do a James Cameron episode?
Loving the new website guys! And Will’s audio sounds like it’s getting way better. I relistened to your Thor Ragnarok episode from 2017 and it’s interesting to hear the difference and the show’s structure has solidified. Also why did the theme song change? I actually dig it but I’m curious what prompted it.