He taught us about grief in Hereditary. He showed us the true horrors of a breakup in Midsommar. And now Ari Aster is back with Beau is Afraid, a movie about how Jon and Will have vastly different tastes. Good thing they’re not afraid to voice it. That’s right, we review Beau is Afraid this week, the latest A24 surrealist horror from the mind of Ari Aster, starring Joaquin Phoenix as anxiety in human form. The film also stars Nathan Lane, Amy Ryan, Parker Posey, Patti LuPone, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Michael Gandolfini, Zoe Lister-Jones, and plenty more.
Our intro music this week is “Journey” by Sam Cross, Monocloud, and Bertram Kvist.
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Beau is Afraid:
FROM HIS DARKEST FEARS COMES THE GREATEST ADVENTURE. A paranoid man embarks on an epic odyssey to get home to his mother. [Source: Letterboxd]