If you say “Shazam,” you know us Cinemaholics will show up, albeit as the darker, grittier versions of ourselves. Are we smelling what the Rock is cooking in his cinematic kitchen this time? That’s right, Dwayne Johnson is officially a live-action superhero (though when hasn’t he, really?), making his DCEU debut in Black Adam. But this isn’t your older brother’s best friend from college Dwayne Johnson. No, he’s glowering. Oh, and murdering people a lot. Hear what we have to say about this movie, along with the expected — nay, inevitable — continuation of the only global conflict anyone can seem to talk about these days. The Pizza Wars.
Intro Music: “Kizakura” by No Spirit, Sátyr & Phlocalyst
- 00:00:00 – The Pizza Wars (Pt. II)
- 00:06:10 – Black Adam review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Black Adam:
THE WORLD NEEDED A HERO. THEY GOT BLACK ADAM. Nearly 5,000 years after he was bestowed with the almighty powers of the Egyptian gods—and imprisoned just as quickly—Black Adam is freed from his earthly tomb, ready to unleash his unique form of justice on the modern world.. [Source: Letterboxd]