Suit up. Jon and Will are back in black to discuss Men in Black: International, the fourth film in the franchise, now starring Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson as the memory-wiping, alien-saving agents. They also discuss the lackluster summer box office in 2019 and how this may affect theatrical releases in the future. And you’ll hear reviews for Jim Jarmusch’s “dry zombie comedy” The Dead Don’t Die and Seth Green’s directorial debut Changeland.
This week’s theme music is an instrumental version of “Men in Black” by Will Smith.
- 00:00:00 – Off Topics: Catching up on the abysmal summer box office of 2019
- 00:37:41 – Men in Black: International
- 01:06:27 – The Dead Don’t Die
- 01:19:58 – Changeland
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
Will you guys talk about Child’s Play? I’m sure Toy Story 4 will get a lot of attention, but heck, I’m even curious about Luc Besson’s new film, Anna.
What are your favorite movies of the year so far? Would love to hear what I’ve missed out on.
The opening discussion in this episode was fantastic. You guys should get into broader topics like that more often. I wasn’t very interested in MIB4, but I’m glad I gave this a listen, anyway.
It’s been a rough summer box office-wise, but TOY STORY 4 gives me all the hope.