Do we believe in Yesterday? Special guest Kimber Myers joins the show to discuss the latest film from director Danny Boyle and screenwriter Richard Curtis, which explores a world where the Beatles never existed, and the one person who remembers them tries to pass their legendary music off as his own. We also discuss Midsommar and Wild Rose, then dive into some feedback from last week’s show.
This week’s theme music is “The World Is Universal (Universal Fanfare)” by Daniel Pemberton. Our review bumper is “Yesterday (From The Film ‘Yesterday’)” by Himesh Patel.
- 00:02:45 – Kimber talks about Midsommar and Wild Rose
- 00:12:55 – Is physical media better than streaming?
- 00:25:00 – Why are animated films underperforming at the box office?
- 00:31:16 – Yesterday review (spoiler-free)
- 00:50:51 – Spoiler discussion for Yesterday
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.