Jake Gyllenhaal reunites with writer/director Dan Gilroy in the all-out bonkers arthouse horror satire Velvet Buzzsaw, which is our featured review this week. Later in the show we break down the 2019 Sundance Film Festival, teasing some of the most intriguing new films set to release later this year.
Ep. 102 show notes:
- 00:08:00 – Velvet Buzzsaw
- 00:33:37 – Confessions of a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes
- 00:39:00 – Sundance 2019 Overview
- 00:41:31 – Honey Boy
- 00:47:13 – The Report
- 00:55:57 – Light from Light
- 00:59:47 – The Mustang
- 01:05:58 – The Brink, Mike Wallace is Here
- 01:11:06 – Fighting With My Family
- 01:15:50 – The Tomorrow Man
- 01:18:12 – Share
- 01:22:13 – Late Night
- 01:27:26 – Relive
- 01:30:49 – To the Stars
- 01:39:50 – Next Week on Cinemaholics
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
Jon is the co-host of Cinemaholics and author of two books: the novel Killerjoy and a book about Pixar called The Pixar Theory. His favorite movie is usually The Mask of Zorro (don’t ask).