Special guest Sam Noland joins us for a high-flying review of DreamWorks Animation’s third How to Train Your Dragon film, The Hidden World. We’re also discussing the new family sports comedy-drama Fighting with My Family from writer and director Stephen Merchant, starring Florence Pugh. Later in the show we dig into some of the Oscar-nominated short films and review Paddleton, a new Netflix indie dramedy starring Mark Duplass and Ray Romano.
- 00:13:26 – How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
- 00:39:02 – Fighting with My Family
- 00:48:35 – Oscar Short Films
- 01:13:03 – Paddleton
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for standalone reviews
This franchise has meant so much to me and my family. Those last 10 minutes…just pure gold. I get what Will is saying about how they elevate the film to something even greater. I gave it an A-. Also, Sam is awesome!
Thanks Larry! It is a rare treat to see a series (hopefully) end on such a good note, and this one certainly does.
I watched Paddleton on a plane, and now I can only picture Ray Romano and Mark Duplass when Jon and Will talk on the podcast. Weird?