Special guest Sam Noland joins us for a triple review of Triple Frontier, a new “soldier-heist” film debuting on Netflix and starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac. We’re also getting emotional over the new teen romance dramedy Five Feet Apart starring Haley Lu Richardson and Cole Sprouse. Stick around for even more reviews, including the new sci-fi release Captive State, After Life from Ricky Gervais, and The Mustang, now in limited release.
- 00:08:17 – Triple Frontier
- 00:40:50 – Five Feet Apart
- 01:03:46 – Captive State
- 01:24:05 – The Mustang
- 01:30:00 – After Life
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreonto support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channelfor full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
I like the addition of the clips, but why do you do them instead of excerpts from the trailers?
I much prefer clips. I was listening to /Filmcast this week and out of nowhere they played part of the trailer of Climax and it was just jarring. Tons of noise, but nothing visual. The clips are nice because they emphasize energy between the actors and give a decent sense of tone, in my opinion at least. There have been a few times during Cinemaholics (and Kermode which does the same thing) where I hear the clip and think “wow, this movie seems great!” Only for the subsquent review to rip it shreds.
Tldr ; Long Live Cilps.
Haley Lu Richardson deserves so much better than Five Feet Apart. I’ll even go to bat for Cole Sprouse, who made me believe “jingle jangle” is a drug to take seriously.
I absolutely loved Triple Frontier, but I did do some research and found that (spoilers, so stop reading if you haven’t seen it) the whole thing with the helicopter makes no sense based on the type it is. It should’ve gotten them over the mountains easily.
NEXT WEEK: US. GET HYPE.
I didn’t like Triple Frontier one bit. I found it formulaic and contrived.
Triple Frontier? I didn’t even get a chance to see the first two.