The Cinemaholics have a great time reviewing Good Time this week, which stars Robert Pattinson and was directed by the Safdie brothers. They had a less fun time talking Death Note, a Netflix original movie based on the anime series of the same name and starring Nat Wolff and Willem Dafoe.
A few other movies were tackled in Mini Reviews, like Brigsby Bear and Leap! And this episode introduces the new segment “On Tap,” where Jon interviews Kayleigh Donaldson of Pajiba in order to break down the “Handbook for Mortals” controversy surrounding a YA book that bought its way to the New York Times Bestseller list seemingly to shore up a movie deal.
- 00:02:33 – Good Time Review, Spoilers start at 00:21:21
- 00:27:44 – On Tap: Kayleigh Donaldson breaks down the “Handbook for Mortals” controversy
- 00:54:54 – Mini Reviews: Leap!, Death Note (Netflix Original Movie), Brigsby Bear
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ is a conclusion without evolution - June 8, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022