Finally, former Vice President and War on Terror cheerleader Dick Cheney has gotten his own comedic biographical film from The Big Short director Adam McKay in Vice. Plus, Netflix has dropped their latest holiday blockbuster, Bird Box, which stars Sandra Bullock along with a huge, talented cast of recognizable faces, but does is this survival thriller worth seeing? Later in the show, you’ll hear Jon’s review of Barry Jenkins’s latest film If Beale Street Could Talk, which has finally whispered its way into limited release. And we close out the show with Will Ashton’s thoughts on the new Ruth Bader Ginsburg biographical film On the Basis of Sex, starring Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer.
- 00:05:40 – Vice
- 00:51:26 – Bird Box
- 01:14:46 – If Beale Street Could Talk
- 01:28:47 – On the Basis of Sex
- 01:37:12 – Next Week on Cinemaholics
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.