We like to think of ourselves as contenders, so for August and September, Sam and Will are doing a double review of On the Waterfront from director Elia Kazan and Rear Window from Alfred Hitchcock. Both films came out in 1954 and are thus celebrating 65 glorious years at the cinema.
Theme Music: “Rear Window Main Title” by Franz Waxman on the Rear Window Motion Picture Soundtrack.
- 00:00:00 – Introductions
- 00:04:18 – Other movies we considered for August
- 00:09:33 – On the Waterfront
- 00:55:49 – Other movies we considered for September
- 00:58:00 – Rear Window
Help us decide what to discuss for the month of October:
- Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
- The Terminator (1984)
- Once Upon A Time in America (1984)
- Ed Wood (1994)
- Pulp Fiction (1994)
Let us know which Extra Milestone you want us to settle on by commenting below.
Jon is the co-host of Cinemaholics and author of two books: the novel Killerjoy and a book about Pixar called The Pixar Theory. His favorite movie is usually The Mask of Zorro (don’t ask).