Special guest Cory Woodroof joins us for a quick Oscars 2019 recap, plus we dig into the recent controversy surrounding Steven Spielberg and Netflix. Our main review is Greta, a new thriller from director and co-writer Neil Jordan starring Chloë Grace Moretz, Isabelle Huppert, and Maika Monroe. We also discuss the new IMAX documentary Apollo 11, which just hit limited release along with Gaspar Noé’s dance horror Climax. Last up is The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind on Netflix, Chiwetel Ejiofor’s directorial debut, which he also stars in alongside Maxwell Simba.
- 00:04:58 – Oscars 2019 Recap
- 00:20:00 – Spielberg vs. Netflix
- 00:36:21 – Greta
- 00:56:59 – Apollo 11
- 01:09:12 – Climax
- 01:16:06 – The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreonto support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
Jon is the co-host of Cinemaholics and author of two books: the novel Killerjoy and a book about Pixar called The Pixar Theory. His favorite movie is usually The Mask of Zorro (don’t ask).