For our debut episode of a bonus series we’re calling Extra Milestone, Sam Noland joins us as we celebrate the 85th anniversary of Frank Capra’s It Happened One Night, which was released on February 22, 1934 and stars Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. Largely hailed as the first screwball comedy and an early precursor to the modern rom-com, this is one film you’ll definitely want to cross off your cinematic bucket list, or perhaps revisit.
Intro music composed by Howard Jackson and Louis Silvers.
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ is a conclusion without evolution - June 8, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022