Special guest Sam Noland joins us for a galaxy-sized episode of the show this week with more reviews than stars in the sky (or so it might feel). We covered the wide releases of the week, including Ad Astra of course as our featured review toward the end of the show, but we also tackled some indie films that range from offbeat to horror to a mix of both with bonus reviews that also include Between Two Ferns: The Movie and The VelociPastor.
This week’s theme music is “To the Stars” by Max Richter from the Ad Astra original soundtrack.
- 00:00:00 – Review: The VelociPastor
- 00:10:43 – Review: Rambo: Last Blood
- 00:40:14 – Review: Downton Abbey
- 00:47:56 – Review: Tigers are not Afraid
- 00:59:15 – Review: One Cut of the Dead
- 01:08:20 – Review: Between Two Ferns: The Movie
- 01:16:28 – Review: In Fabric
- 01:30:08 – Review: Ad Astra
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
Jon is the co-host of Cinemaholics and author of two books: the novel Killerjoy and a book about Pixar called The Pixar Theory. His favorite movie is usually The Mask of Zorro (don’t ask).