Not sure if this one will get a director’s cut, but whatever the case, Army of the Dead is the latest film from Zack Snyder, harkening back to his undead roots in a subversive “zombie heist” action film starring Dave Bautista and now streaming on Netflix. We also discuss Riders of Justice, an action, revenge dramedy (seriously) from acclaimed Danish screenwriter and director Anders Thomas Jensen, which stars Mads Mikkelsen. And we finish out the show with a gushing review of Neon’s latest indie drama, The Killing of Two Lovers, which is from first-time director Robert Machoian and stars Clayne Crawford.
Intro Music: “Deep Dive” by Smeeagain, Captian Waves & Tomas Delfgaauw
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:13:30 – Army of the Dead review
- 00:35:55 – Riders of Justice review
- 00:54:00 – The Killing of Two Lovers review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021