Damien Chazelle is back, and he sure isn’t silent. This week on the podcast, we review Babylon, the latest film from the director of La La Land, Whiplash, and yes, First Man, a movie that did come out. Babylon is a super-long ode to the silent film era of Hollywood and making movies in general, which is definitely original. The movie stars Margot Robbie, Diego Calva, Brad Pitt, and many more. We also open the show with some conversation around the box office for Avatar: The Way of Water, which we reviewed last week if you blue your chance to listen.
Intro Music: “Picture Book” by DYVN, 9ICK & Louk
- 00:00:00 – The Avatar 2 box office
- 00:18:20 – Babylon review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Babylon:
ALWAYS MAKE A SCENE. A tale of outsized ambition and outrageous excess, tracing the rise and fall of multiple characters during an era of unbridled decadence and depravity in early Hollywood. [Source: Letterboxd]