Special guest Sam Noland joins us for a weird review of the new weird western Bacurau, now available through some streaming platforms and maybe your local arthouse theater. The gang also discusses a new sci-fi horror flick called The Platform on Netflix, the HBO documentary mini-series McMillion$, yet another sci-fi horror flick called Swallow starring Haley Bennett, and stoner buddy comedy Coffee & Kareem on Netflix starring Ed Helms and Taraji P. Henson.
You can find new movies to stream including some of what we talked about this week on this Letterboxd list.
Theme music: From the original soundtrack of Bacurau, composed by Mateus Alves & Tomaz Alves Souza.
Please consider rating this podcast! Go to ratethispodcast.com/cinemaholics and leave us a rating/review on the podcast directory of your choice. As always we appreciate all your support.
- 00:00:00 – The Lords of the Engagement Rings
- 00:05:05 – Intro
- 00:07:50 – Bacurau
- 00:26:45 – The Platform
- 00:41:15 – McMillion$
- 00:45:00 – Swallow
- 00:51:55 – Coffee & Kareem
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- Guillermo del Toro’s vintage noir, ‘Nightmare Alley,’ is easier to read than it should be - December 6, 2021
- ‘The Power of the Dog’ patiently unveils the next evolution of the western - December 2, 2021
- Sean Baker’s ‘Red Rocket’ tells a story about America that is both wonderful and horrifying - November 24, 2021