Kenneth Branagh made another movie about a precocious kid in Europe whose dad disappears throughout the film, but don’t worry, this one’s better than Artemis Fowl. After winning award after award at Telluride and TIFF, Belfast is now poised to win Best Picture at the Oscars. But we might not be so enthusiastic about this coming of age comedy-drama set in Belfast, Ireland circa 1969.
Intro Music: “Fred On the Two (feat. Fredfades)” by Kristoffer Eikrem.
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.