Special guest Adonis Gonzalez joins us to review Candyman, a horror legacy sequel to the iconic 1992 slasher. Directed and co-written by Nia DaCosta with Jordan Peele as producer and co-screenwriter, this new take on the urban legend stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, and Colman Domingo. We open the show with a brief review of He’s All That, the new Netflix teen rom-com based on the late 90s “classic,” She’s All That. And we finish the show with an announcement!
Intro Music: “Sunup” by coldbrew & Louk
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:03:40 – Jon talks about He’s All That for some reason
- 00:13:30 – Candyman review
- 00:46:05 – Why we’re not giving grades on movies anymore
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021