Relax, darling, we’re working overtime this holiday weekend to bring you our in-depth thoughts of Cruella, the latest Disney live-action reimagining, this time focusing on the delirious origins of Cruella de Vil, portrayed here by Emma Stone in a sprawling crime comedy directed by Craig Gillespie and written by Dana Fox and Tony McNamara. We also discuss Amazon’s acquisition of MGM and what that might mean for the future of the movie industry, plus some extra thoughts on the other films we saw this past week.
Intro Music: “Café Jam” by RejSende
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:4:10 – Amazon bought MGM. So what happens next?
- 00:17:30 – Cruella review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021