Don’t worry, these are tears of joy. Why? In this packed episode of Cinnamonholics, we dish on TIFF 2021, catch up on Paul Schrader’s The Card Counter and Justin Chon’s Blue Bayou, then review some movies. First, there’s Clint Eastwood’s new western, Cry Macho, starring himself, which just hit theaters and HBO Max. Then we get into The Eyes of Tammy Faye, starring Jessica Chastain, Andrew Garfield, and Jon’s personal, childhood memories (just wait). Then we have a special surprise celebrity guest (Nicolas Cage?!) on the show to help us review his new movie Prisoners of the Ghostland.
Intro Music: “Sous Vide Tofu” by Leo Low Pass & Chill Select
- 00:00:00 – Cinnamonholics
- 00:15:45 – Brief thoughts on The Card Counter
- 00:26:20 – Brief thoughts on Blue Bayou
- 00:37:55 – TIFF 2021 wrap-up
- 00:59:30 – Cry Macho review
- 01:30:00 – The Eyes of Tammy Faye review
- 01:58:55 – Prisoners of the Ghostland review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ is a conclusion without evolution - June 8, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022