We’re not singing our thoughts on Cyrano, but we probably should be. That’s right, we’re reviewing Joe Wright’s new musical starring Peter Dinklage and Haley Bennett, who also starred in the stage musical written by Erica Schmidt, who writes the screenplay for this adaption of the 1897 play Cyrano de Bergerac. Later in the show, we also talk about No Exit, a new Hulu thriller…not much else to say there!
- 00:00:00 – Cyrano review
- 00:34:45 – No Exit review
Intro Music: “Good Times Ahead” by RejSende & Chill Select
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Cyrano
HAVE YOU EVER LOVED SOMEONE? A man ahead of his time, Cyrano de Bergerac dazzles whether with ferocious wordplay at a verbal joust or with brilliant swordplay in a duel. But, convinced that his appearance renders him unworthy of the love of a devoted friend, the luminous Roxanne, Cyrano has yet to declare his feelings for her—and Roxanne has fallen in love, at first sight, with Christian. [Source: Letterboxd]
Synopsis for No Exit
WHO WILL SURVIVE THE DEAD OF WINTER? Stranded at an isolated highway rest stop in the mountains during a blizzard, a college student discovers a kidnapped child hidden in a car belonging to one of the people inside the building, which sets her on a terrifying life-or-death struggle to discover who among them is the kidnapper. [Source: Letterboxd]