Special guest Charlie Ridgely of Comicbook.com joins the show for a death-defying review of Spike Lee’s new joint Da 5 Bloods, which is now streaming on Netflix. We also answer a listener question, rant about Artemis Fowl (now on Disney+), and finish things out with a balanced discussion of Judd Apatow’s new dramedy The King of Staten Island starring Pete Davidson and Bill Burr, which just came out on VOD.
Music in this week’s episode: Sounds from the YouTube video “Mickey Never Came Back” by Ethereal Snake, which also inspired this week’s opening; intro is “Winter Days” by Monma
- 00:00:00 – Mickey’s Vault
- 00:04:30 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:08:05 – Jon finally saw The Vast of Night
- 00:11:05 – Listener question: what’s the most annoying film cliche?
- 00:16:30 – Da 5 Bloods
- 00:54:35 – Artemis Fowl
- 01:19:50 – The King of Staten Island
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ is a conclusion without evolution - June 8, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022