Harry Styles over substance? Now that’s Olivia Wilde. Don’t worry, darling, we’re almost Florence Pugh with these puns, even though we’re on a Nick Kroll. We promise to stay in our Kiki Layne…we know you Chris Pine for them. That’s right, this week we’re stepping into a strange and dangerous place…the second film directed by Olivia Wilde! Don’t Worry Darling is a psychological thriller that has been the talk of tinsel town since its gossip-fueled premiere at the Venice International Film Festival. But what about the movie itself? Do we spit on it? You’ll have to be the judge of us being the judges.
Intro Music: “Kizakura” by No Spirit, Sátyr & Phlocalyst
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Don’t Worry Darling:
WELCOME TO VICTORY. A 1950s housewife living with her husband in a utopian experimental community begins to worry that his glamorous company may be hiding disturbing secrets. [Source: Letterboxd]