It’s gametime. We’re back this week to review Free Guy, a new action comedy starring Ryan Reynolds as a non-playable character in a video game who becomes self-aware. We also review the new Netflix political thriller Beckett, which stars John David Washington as an unwitting fugitive in Greece. And then CODA, the Sundance Grand Jury winner about the child of deaf adults, which is now in select theaters and streaming on Apple TV+.
Intro Music: “ALL THAT COFFEE Ilsan” by OVN
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:09:30 – Don’t Breathe 2 critical reaction, brief thoughts on Swan Song and Nine Days
- 00:30:10 – Free Guy review
- 01:16:15 – Beckett review
- 01:39:00 – CODA review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021