The hot takes never bothered the Cinemaholics anyway. This week, Jon and Will review Frozen 2, the latest animated Disney film, along with the other big releases of the week. They also read your answers to the question of the week, catch up on what they’ve been watching, and discuss the Three Rivers Film Festival.
This week’s theme music is “Into the Unknown (Instrumental)” by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez and can be found on the original soundtrack for Frozen 2.
Question of the Week: What are some 2019 movies you want to catch up on over the holidays?
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:05:15 – What should be the next Disney animated sequel?
- 00:17:45 – Jon talks briefly about The Dragon Prince Season 3, The Mandalorian, Waves, The End of the F***** World Season 2, Knives Out, Greener Grass, Charlie’s Angels
- 00:30:15 – Will talks briefly about the Three Rivers Film Festival: Another Day of Life, Our Time Machine, Mickey and the Bear, Gallery of Monsters (1924)
- 00:38:15 – Review: Frozen 2
- 01:07:35 – Review: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- 01:29:25 – Review: The Irishman
- 01:43:15 – Review: The Two Popes
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
I really want to see once upon a time in hollywood at some point, but I’m really hoping it hits streaming or at least a rental service. I haven’t even seen it on redbox yet.
It’ll be available to rent on December 10th, at least on VUDU as far as I know.
The Farewell and Midsommar are two films I’m finally setting time aside to check out, mostly based on the good reviews but also because this seems like a perfect time of year to watch some indies.
There are a whole bunch of animated movies I skipped the theater for, and I’m pumped to see a handful: How to Train your Dragon 3, Lego Movie 2, and Secret Life of Pets 2. Maybe Missing Link as well.
I loved FROZEN II.
Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood wrecked me absolutely. Will nailed it. They could have done a boring, whatever biopic about Fred Rogers but instead this was thoroughly beautiful in how it presented his life by examining a single story near the end of his life. I couldn’t stop tearing up throughout this.
I’m really hoping on catching up on the Comedies that have alluded me this year, like Booksmart and Late Night. I tend to not want to watch Comedies alone so I’m always looking for someone to watch them with. Any others you guys suggest?
I liked Good Boys, The Long Shot, and Fighting with My Family.