This week, a couple of gents got together to discuss The Gentlemen, the newest film from writer/director Guy Ritchie. With Jon Negroni still shivering in the cold at the Sundance Film Festival, Will Ashton and special guest Sam Noland go across the pond to see what is being considered a return-to-form for the British filmmaker by some and a regressive piece of work by others. Where do these two lads land? Listen to this week’s episode to find out, in addition to hearing our thoughts on Richard Stanley’s H.P. Lovecraft adaptation, Color Out of Space, starring Nicolas Cage, Tyler Perry’s Netflix Original, A Fall From Grace, Clemency starring Alfre Woodard, and a lot more.
Theme Music: “A Proper Handsome C**t” composed by Chris Benstead on the original motion picture soundtrack for The Gentlemen
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:03:10 – Varda by Agnès
- 00:05:15 – Pain & Glory
- 00:07:40 – Goldman v. Silverman
- 00:11:30 – What Did Jack Do?
- 00:13:35 – The Gentlemen
- 00:29:50 – Color Out of Space
- 00:44:05 – Clemency
- 00:49:00 – A Fall From Grace
- 00:57:00 – VHYes
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘The Green Knight’ is a masterful deconstruction of both Arthurian legend and modern fantasy - July 28, 2021
- Cinemaholics Podcast #230 – Old - July 26, 2021
- Cinemaholics Podcast – Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins - July 23, 2021