Is Halloween Kills another casualty of the never-ending Halloween franchise? In addition to discussing David Gordon Green’s sequel to his 2018 legacy sequel to the 1978 slasher masterpiece, Halloween, we review The Last Duel, Ridley Scott’s epic medieval drama starring Matt Damon, Jodie Comer, and Adam Driver. We then turn up the volume for The Velvet Underground, Todd Haynes’ (first!) documentary covering the eclectic roots of Lou Reed and John Cale’s infamous late-60s music movement, now available to stream on Apple TV+. Plus we discuss the IATSE strike and offer some brief thoughts on Bergman Island.
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:03:55 – IATSE strike overview
- 00:17:55 – Will’s brief thoughts on Bergman Island
- 00:26:15 – Halloween Kills review
- 01:02:35 – The Last Duel review
- 01:50:30 – The Velvet Underground review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.