It’s a little spooky how positive we are on Hubie Halloween, the newest Netflix film starring Adam Sandler and a whole host of other recognizable actors and comedians. We keep the horror comedy vibe going with our review of The Wolf of Snow Hollow, the final film starring Robert Forster. Then we go back to Netflix to watch The 40-Year-Old Version, a Sundance hit starring Radha Blank, who also directed the film. On HBO Max, there’s Charm City Kings, a fun dirt bike racing drama starring Jahi Di’Allo Winston and Meek Mill. And finally, Will welcomes us to “Welcome to the Blumhouse,” a new Amazon Prime Video slate of horror movies starting with The Lie.
Music in this episode: “Daydream” by TABAL, mell-ø.
- 00:00:00 – Dear Abby
- 00:02:30 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:07:00 – Mini review: The Boys in the Band
- 00:10:15 – Hubie Halloween
- 00:32:35 – The Wolf of Snow Hollow
- 00:45:50 – The 40-Year-Old Version
- 00:53:10 – Charm City Kings
- 00:59:05 – The Lie
Links to what we mentioned on the show:
- Check out our new Cinemaholics Merch on Patreon! (email/message us if you’re already a patron and want merch)
- The “Swell” App, where you can leave a voice message for us to play on the podcast
Ways to connect with us:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, Abby Olcese
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for show excerpts and bonus content
Abby of “Dear Abby” has quite the violent streak with tire irons…
Not sure what movie you all were watching, but HUBIE HALLOWEEN was awful. Turned it off after 5 minutes.
ok the Adam Sandler digs in the beginning were on point. Also, really glad I listened to this and watched Charm City Kings! It was wonderful and Im a little confused no one else is talking about it.
Man, between 40 Year Old version and Dick Johnson Dead, then Trial of the Chicago 7 coming up, Netflix is absolutely crushing “Oscar season” this year. Makes me wonder how well they would’ve done if the major studios weren’t relying solely on theaters.
June Squibb is THE reason to watch Hubie Halloween.