If you care a lot about all the new releases this week, then you’ve come to the right place. This week we discuss the new Netflix dark comedy thriller I Care a Lot, which stars Rosamund Pike as a ruthless con artist (Con Girl?) who meets her match when crossing a gangster (Peter Dinklage) and his mother (Dianne Weist). We also review Minari, Flora & Ulysses, and a few other films that just hit theatrical and on demand. And toward the beginning of the show we discuss our preferred way of watching TV shows and play some listener voicemails.
Intro music: “Onlyskies” by Lamar Azul
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:02:15 – Listener voicemails: Do you prefer watching new episodes of a TV show all at once, or released week-to-week?
- 00:16:00 – Mini Reviews: Willy’s Wonderland, The Violent Heart, Dead Pigs, Silk Road
- 00:31:25 – I Care a Lot
- 00:53:05 – Minari
- 01:13:20 – Flora & Ulysses
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, Abby Olcese
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ is a conclusion without evolution - June 8, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022