Do Jon and Will float by on charm, too? Or…TWO?! This week on Cinemaholics, Jon and Will discuss It Chapter Two, the followup to the wildly successful 2017 horror film/Stephen King adaptation. They also talk about Where’d You Go Bernadette, Luce, The Nightingale, Dave Chapelle: Sticks & Stones, American Factory, and Brittany Runs a Marathon.
This week’s theme music is “27 Years Later” by Benjamin Wallfisch from the It Chapter Two original soundtrack. Our review bumper is “Dirty Little Secret” from the same album.
- 00:00:00 – Listener email
- 00:08:27 –Review: Where’d You Go, Bernadette?
- 00:15:30 – Will finally saw Luce
- 00:20:23 – Will finally saw The Nightingale
- 00:25:07 – Review: Dave Chapelle: Sticks & Stones
- 00:34:04 – Review: American Factory
- 00:41:30 – Review: Brittany Runs a Marathon
- 00:57:25 – Review: It Chapter Two
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
You’ll float, Chapter Two.
I’m with Jon on Brittany Runs a Marathon (RHYME!). I didn’t find it particularly funny, but the story and characters were compelling and worth loving. I really liked the main arc Brittany goes through dealing with anxiety and self doubt as she lashes out at people as a defense mechanism. It’s a good sit!
I have a lot of nitpicks, but wow Bill Hader makes this thing better than it would have been otherwise. Not sure what to make of McAvoy in this (and his year in general has been…yikes).
Good day, Cinemaholics! I request you review the motion picture film TIGERS ARE NOT AFRAID. This is coming out on SHUDDER and I believe you mentioned it rather briefly during the Fall Movie Preview Episode.
Chauncey of Paddington, Esq.