This week, every movie is a suspect. Jon and Will discuss the latest releases, including Rian Johnson’s modern whodunnit-murder-mystery ensemble, Knives Out, which stars way too many people to mention. We also talk Christmas movies on streaming, catch up on recent flicks we missed, and cover a few indies you might want to add to your ever-growing radar.
This week’s theme music is “Knives Out! (String Quartet in G Minor)” by Nathan Johnson and can be found on the original soundtrack for Knives Out.
Question of the Week: What are some 2019 movies you want to catch up on over the holidays? (Last week’s question, but added to this week as well!)
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:07:00 – TV break: The Mandalorian and Merry Happy Whatever
- 00:21:05 – Second Opinion: Last Christmas
- 00:23:35 – Review: 1917
- 00:39:05 – Review: Noelle
- 00:53:15 – Review: Mickey and the Bear
- 01:11:25 – Review: 21 Bridges
- 01:18:35 – Review: Let it Snow
- 01:27:55 – Review: By the Grace of God
- 01:32:50 – Review: Knives Out
- 01:49:20 – Spoiler Discussion: Knives Out
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022
- ‘The Batman’ returns to the basics with a vengeance, but not an identity - February 28, 2022