Before we indulge in Disney’s recycle of life by reviewing The Lion King, the newest “reimgainging” of one of their animated classics, the Cinemaholics catch up on the latest details coming out of Comic Con, specifically the big announcements surrounding Marvel’s next timeline of films and streaming releases. Plus, we get into a fur-raising discussion about Cats, Tom Hooper’s live-action/CGI adaptation of the legendary broadway musical, and how the trailer possibly broke the internet. There are a lot of cats in this episode, basically.
This week’s theme music is “Remember” by Hans Zimmer on The Lion King Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2019). Our review bumper is “Stampede” from that same album.
- 00:00:00 – Off-Topics: Emails and that David Crosby interview
- 00:10:51 – Off-Topics: Jon talks about Little Woods
- 00:12:54 – Marvel’s “Phase 4” lineup of movies
- 00:35:50 – That Cats trailer and some of your comments
- 01:05:35 – Review: The Lion King
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021