Oscars 2022 really slapped this year. That’s right, we’re discussing Will Smith and Chris Rock’s exchange of hard-hitting ideas at this year’s ceremony, but we of course comment on the awards themselves and our thoughts on who won. Our first main review is The Lost City, a swashbuckling romantic comedy adventure blockbuster starring Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. Then we slow things down for a hearty review of 7 Days, an indie rom-com starring Geraldine Viswanathan and Karan Soni.
- 00:00:00 – Oscars 2022 recap
- 00:37:15 – The Lost City review
- 01:05:30 –7 Days review
Intro Music: “Nest Egg” by Glimlip, Slug & Noé Mina
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for The Lost City
THE ADVENTURE IS REAL. THE HEROES ARE NOT. Follows a reclusive romance novelist who was sure nothing could be worse than getting stuck on a book tour with her cover model, until a kidnapping attempt sweeps them both into a cutthroat jungle adventure, proving life can be so much stranger, and more romantic, than any of her paperback fictions. [Source: Letterboxd]
Synopsis for 7 Days
As if their pre-arranged date, organized by their traditional Indian parents, wasn’t uncomfortable enough, Ravi and Rita are forced to shelter in place together as COVID-19’s reach intensifies. Hopefully for their sake, opposites do indeed attract. [Source: Letterboxd]