Our heads are finally above water this week, because we’re reviewing Luca, a new Pixar movie about two young sea monsters who explore an Italian coastal town during an unforgettable summer. We also discuss The Sparks Brothers, Edgar Wright’s music documentary about “your favorite band’s favorite band.” Then we get into Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard, the action comedy sequel to the action comedy you probably didn’t see or remember. And we finish out the show with a breezy review of Summer of 85, a coming-of-age indie romance about two young men exploring their mortality and sexuality.
Intro Music: “Under the Sea” by RdBeats & Kuba
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:20 – Luca review
- 00:39:30 – The Sparks Brothers review
- 00:55:15 – Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard review
- 01:07:55 – Summer of 85 review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ is a conclusion without evolution - June 8, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022