If you’ve ever overhead an argument between Jon and Will right here on Cinemaholics, you’re pretty much prepared for Malcolm and Marie, a new Netflix film directed and written by Sam Levinson. This enclosed black-and-white drama stars Zendaya and John David Washington, and critics are pretty split on this film about relationships and, well, critics. Also in the show, we play some listener voicemails about the state of movie trailers and review several other new films, which include A Glitch in the Matrix, Little Fish, and more.
Intro music: “Cashmere” by mndbd
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:02:25 – Listener voicemails: Do you still watch movie trailers?
- 00:16:30 – Mini Reviews: Earwig and the Witch, Falling, Life in a Day 2020
- 00:33:35 – Malcolm and Marie
- 00:55:40 – A Glitch in the Matrix
- 01:08:50 – Little Fish
Links to what we mentioned on the show:
- Check out our new Cinemaholics Merch!
- The “Swell” App, where you can leave a voice message for us to play on the podcast.
- Support some local theaters! Check out the Virtual Cinema offerings for the Screenland Armour in Kansas City, Harris Theater in Pittsburgh, and the Roxie Theater in San Francisco.
Ways to connect with us:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, Abby Olcese
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for show excerpts and bonus content