In our first official episode with new Cinemaholics co-host Abby Olcese, we discuss the honor and honor that is to be found honorable in Mulan, the latest live-action Disney remake, which stars Liu Yifei, Donnie Yen, Tzi Ma, Gong Li, and Jet Li. Plus, we review Charlie Kaufman’s new mind-bending film I’m Thinking of Ending Things, which is now on Netflix and stars Jessie Buckley, Jesse Plemons, Toni Collette, and David Thewlis. Please welcome Abby to the show by commenting below!
Music in this episode: “I’ll Make a Man Out of You (Lofi)” by Lash Music
- 00:00:00 – Cobb & Cooper Face the Mutants
- 00:04:30 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:13:30 – Mini Reviews: “Ted Lasso,” “Raised by Wolves,” “Lovecraft Country,” Unhinged
- 00:24:00 – Listener feedback: Are you going to pay $30 to see Mulan?
- 00:32:45 – Mulan
- 00:55:55 – I’m Thinking of Ending Things
Links to what we mentioned on the show:
- Abby’s investigate reporting for The Pitch covering issues with the Alamo Drafthouse in Kansas City
- Ways you can donate to the Starlight Children’s Foundation in honor of Chadwick Boseman
- The “Swell” App, where you can leave a voice message for us to play on the podcast
Ways to connect with us:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, Abby Olcese
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for show excerpts and bonus content
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021