Special guest Charlie Ridgely joins the show for our long-awaited review of The New Mutants, the final X-Men comic-book movie made by Fox…which was shot three years ago. We also discuss Bill & Ted Face the Music, the third installment in the beloved franchise starring Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter. And last we tackle The Personal History of David Copperfield, a new adaptation of the classic Charles Dickens novel, and this one stars Dev Patel and was directed by Armando Iannucci.
Music in this episode: “X-Men Theme (Lofi)” by Cartoon Chillhop
- 00:00:00 – Starlight Children’s Foundation
- 00:02:30 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:14:10 – “The Boys” Season 2 and “Cobra Kai”
- 00:25:40 – In memory of Chadwick Boseman
- 00:35:00 – Listener feedback: What did Chadwick Boseman mean to you?
- 00:39:45 – The New Mutants
- 01:07:50 – Bill & Ted Face the Music
- 01:25:20 – The Personal History of David Copperfield
Links to what we mentioned on the show:
- Ways you can donate to the Starlight Children’s Foundation in honor of Chadwick Boseman
- The “Swell” App, where you can leave a voice message for us to play on the podcast
Ways to connect with us:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Jurassic World Dominion’ is a conclusion without evolution - June 8, 2022
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022