Start spreading the news. The Cinemaholics are back this week to discuss the latest Tom Hanks movie directed by Paul Greengrass, which just happens to be a western set in post-Civil War Texas. Fun! We also review The White Tiger, In & of Itself, Our Friend, Some Kind of Heaven, and The Marksman.
Intro music: “In Green” by No. 18 & Soul Food Horns
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:05:45 – Voicemails: What is the best Tom Hanks performance?
- 00:15:55 – Mini Reviews: Our Friend, Some Kind of Heaven, The Marksman
- 00:38:00 – News of the World
- 00:56:20 – The White Tiger
- 01:06:25 – In & of Itself
Links to what we mentioned on the show:
- Our Top 23 Films of 2020 ranked using a points system on Letterboxd, done by one of our listeners, Caermon.
- Check out our new Cinemaholics Merch!
- The “Swell” App, where you can leave a voice message for us to play on the podcast.
- Support some local theaters! Check out the Virtual Cinema offerings for the Screenland Armour in Kansas City, Harris Theater in Pittsburgh, and the Roxie Theater in San Francisco.
Ways to connect with us:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, Abby Olcese
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for show excerpts and bonus content
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022
- ‘The Batman’ returns to the basics with a vengeance, but not an identity - February 28, 2022