Special guests Julia Teti and Emily Kubincanek join Jon and Will for an in-depth review of Portrait of a Lady on Fire, one of the most universally acclaimed new films from the last year. Directed by Céline Sciamma, this sweeping romantic drama centers around an intense love affair between a young painter (Noémie Merlant) and the woman she is secretly painting a portrait of (Adèle Haenel).
Theme Music: Antonio Vivaldi – Violin Concerto in G Minor, RV 315 “L’estate”: I. Allegro
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- Guillermo del Toro’s vintage noir, ‘Nightmare Alley,’ is easier to read than it should be - December 6, 2021
- ‘The Power of the Dog’ patiently unveils the next evolution of the western - December 2, 2021
- Sean Baker’s ‘Red Rocket’ tells a story about America that is both wonderful and horrifying - November 24, 2021