The Cinemaholics go west this week with our review of Jane Campion’s The Power of the Dog, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch and is now available to stream on Netflix. We also cover Paul Verhoeven’s latest film, Benedetta, a “nunsploitation” flick with some sinful surprises up its tunic. Last, we discuss Mike Mills’ latest feature, C’mon C’mon, which stars Joaquin Phoenix as a podcaster who bonds with the next generation. We can relate?
Intro Music: “Christmas Time” by Linearwave.
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:04:35 – The Power of the Dog review
- 00:38:15 – Benedetta review
- 01:03:00 – C’mon C’mon review
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- The Menu – Our Last Supper - November 23, 2022
- The Banshees of Inisherin – Talk About an Irish Goodbye! - November 22, 2022
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Is This Your Sequel? - November 15, 2022