This week’s episode of Cinemaholics isn’t a game. We’re reviewing Ready or Not, a new horror thriller/comedy starring Samara Weaving, plus we’re diving into some of the biggest announcements coming out of Disney’s D23 Expo, which includes updates about Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and of course, Disney+. We also tackle a few mini reviews, which include The Souvenir, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, Mindhunter Season 2, GLOW Season 3, and Cobra Kai Season 2. Then we have a heated discussion about Universal’s decision to pull the release of The Hunt.
This week’s theme music is “Ready or Nocturne for Solo Violin” by Brian Tyler from the Ready or Not original soundtrack. Our review bumper is “The Hide and Seek Song” from Headquarters Music.
- 00:03:50 – Is Spider-Man really leaving the MCU?
- 00:14:25 – Disney’s D23 Expo
- 00:30:06 – The Souvenir, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
- 00:39:49 – Mindhunter Season 2, GLOW Season 3, Cobra Kai Season 2
- 00:51:00 – Why did Universal cancel The Hunt?
- 01:05:55 – Review: Ready or Not
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
Jon is the co-host of Cinemaholics and author of two books: the novel Killerjoy and a book about Pixar called The Pixar Theory. His favorite movie is usually The Mask of Zorro (don’t ask).