Special guests Dan Murrell and Sam Noland are here to chat about Zack Snyder’s recently announced director’s cut of Justice League, which came out in 2017 to mostly negative reviews (from us, included). We break down this big news, explain what it means for the movie industry, and speculate about what the cut might look and feel like and what other director’s cuts we’re hoping to see someday.
Check out Dan Murrell’s new YouTube Channel. And here’s Joanna Robinson’s article about the “Snyder Cut” on Vanity Fair, which we referenced during the show.
Theme Music: “Come Together” by Gary Clark Jr. & Junkie XL
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
The Syndercut is going to be terrible.
I think so too, but I’m really hoping it surprises us.
Dan the GOAT is on Cinemaholics?? Must be my birthday.
This whole thing seems inevitable in hindsight, but before Snyder and the cast started hyping it up, it really did seem “unlikely” for all the reasons you guys mentioned. Now that it’s happening, I’ll admit I’m pretty curious about how it will turn out, only because they’re doing the smart thing of actually giving Snyder money to make it better than just a rough cut.
Wow, Murrell is a huge get for the show. Congrats, and nice pod!