No Tenet? No problem. In addition to our featured review this week, we briefly discuss the new streaming service Peacock, including its flagship original series “Brave New World,” which boasts an impressive cast. Plus, Will shares his thoughts on the recently released indie The Sunlit Night, which stars Jenny Slate. Finally, we get into an in-depth discussion of Relic, an Australian horror film starring Emily Mortimer, Robyn Nevin, and Bella Heathcote.
Music in this episode: “controlla” by Idealism
- 00:00:00 – Cobb & Cooper
- 00:03:40 – Off-Topics
- 00:07:35 – Jon talks about “Brave New World” on Peacock
- 00:14:10 – Will talks about The Sunlit Night
- 00:21:40 – Relic
- 00:40:30 – Spoiler discussion for Relic
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
When I first finished this one, I was pretty confused for the most part. Had to really think on it, and I’m starting to come around on it being somewhat brilliant. I guess the dementia stuff tying with the black mold was tripping me up, but I think your explanation in the show breaks it down well.
Love that you used the same “time travel” sounds from the Valley Girl/Scoob arc. Though it troubles me I remember it so well.
Cobb put his trust into Cooper, but Cooper only let him down. His faith wasn’t in anything of substance or science. But only himself.
Please review THE RENTAL.