It’s just Will and Abby on the show this week, so you know what that means. No rules! No Jon to tell us, “No, you can’t review Aneesh Chaganty’s new film Run, his follow-up to Searching.” It doesn’t matter that it stars Sarah Paulson and Kiera Allen in her breakout role, or that the film is now streaming on Hulu. That’s right, Will and Abby are going all out. They’re talking about the best and worst Ron Howard movies. They’re discussing some under-the-radar films you might want to look into, plus a holiday special they break down brick by brick. So until Jon gets back, it’s a momentous — nay classic — Will and Abby shenanicast.
Intro music: “Winter Scent” by BROCKBEATS
- 00:00:00 – Intro & Off-Topics
- 00:03:50 – Abby talks about “The Good Lord Bird” and “Essential Fellini”
- 00:10:20 – What are the best and worst Ron Howard movies?
- 00:16:30 – Run
- 00:30:35 – Mangrove
- 00:42:05 – The Last Vermeer
- 00:48:00 – Collective
- 00:55:15 – The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special
Links to what we mentioned on the show:
- Check out our new Cinemaholics Merch!
- The “Swell” App, where you can leave a voice message for us to play on the podcast.
Ways to connect with us:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton, Abby Olcese
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for show excerpts and bonus content
WHERE IS THE BIT.
Is the bit this week that there is no bit?
“Will and Abby shenanicast” my butt. I find it hard to believe Mister Millennial and Peer Pressure Paulie didn’t get into at least one fiasco this week.
Great episode. You two have great dialogue even without Jon around. Ok, now that that is out of the way, where is my bit?
PLAY YA YA DING DONG! (and the bit)