We’re sharpening our knives this week for our long-anticipated review of the latest Scream film, or Scream 5 unofficially. This is the first of the franchise to not be directed by Wes Craven, as we instead of the filmmakers behind Ready or Not. Is this meta slasher whodunnit as much of a scream? And afterward, we discuss George Clooney’s latest directorial effort, The Tender Bar, which is based on the memoir by J.R. Moehringer and stars Ben Affleck, Tye Sheridan, and Lily Rabe.
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:55 – Scream (2022) review
- 00:51:50 – The Tender Bar review
Intro Music: “Safe in Your Arms” by sftspkn.
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
Synopsis for Scream (2022):
IT’S ALWAYS SOMEONE YOU KNOW. Twenty-five years after a streak of brutal murders shocked the quiet town of Woodsboro, a new killer has donned the Ghostface mask and begins targeting a group of teenagers to resurrect secrets from the town’s deadly past.[Source: Letterboxd]
Synopsis for The Tender Bar:
WHERE WILL YOUR DREAMS TAKE YOU? J.R. is a fatherless boy growing up in the glow of a bar where the bartender, his Uncle Charlie, is the sharpest and most colorful of an assortment of quirky and demonstrative father figures. [Source: Letterboxd]