We haven’t left our cabin for two months, but the good news is we have an internet connection, which means we just watched Shirley on Hulu! After a brief discussion of HBO Max and our current efforts to support causes related to the Black Lives Matter movement, we review some of the notable film releases of the last week, including Shirley from director Josephine Decker starring Elisabeth Moss and Michael Stuhlbarg, Becky starring Lulu Wilson and Kevin James, Deerskin from French director Quentin Dupieux, and Tommaso from director Abel Ferrara starring Willem Dafoe.
This week’s theme music: “Bunnies” by Dontcry and Nokiaa.
- 00:00:00 – A Negative Review Of Cinemaholics
- 00:03:20 – Just Mercy and our support for the Equal Justice Initiative
- 00:12:55 – HBO Max and Anna Kendrick’s “Love Life”
- 00:27:10 – Shirley
- 00:44:55 – Becky
- 00:58:15 – Deerskin
- 01:07:40 – Tommaso
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
- ‘Scream’ (2022) is at its sharpest when pointing a knife at legacy sequels - January 12, 2022
- ‘The 355’ tries to be every kind of spy movie, except for a good one - January 6, 2022
- ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ begins with a satisfying prologue, but it’s missing a few pages - December 29, 2021