It’s that time of year again, when Jon goes to see way too many movies in Park City, Utah, then comes back to tell us all about them. In addition to giving an overview of the Sundance Film Festival, Jon joins Will for in-depth reviews of the new Taylor Swift documentary Miss Americana, The Rhythm Section starring Blake Lively and Jude Law, and the dark fantasy reimagining Gretel & Hansel.
Theme Music: “Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince (Instrumental)” by Taylor Swift.
- 00:00:00 – Sundance Film Festival 2020
- 01:02:50 – Miss Americana
- 01:17:10 – The Rhythm Section
- 01:30:40 – Gretel & Hansel
Links and Important stuff:
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Don’t forget to review and rate the show on Apple Podcasts
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com. You might just hear your email read on next week’s episode!
- Like Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- Check out our YouTube channel for full episodes and excerpts from the archives.
I really dug Miss Americana (B), and I think you guys should have touched even more on Lana Wilson’s directing here. The way she brought out all of these personal moments was well done and stitched together nicely.
I’m not a Taylor Swift fan, but I had a good, even enlightening time watching this documentary. As for Rhythm Section, I agree the action scenes are well done, but this movie was too oppressively boring for me to stay awake.
ok the applause sound effect made me laugh out loud.