South By Southwest 2021 was held virtually this year, and its film festival portion certainly had plenty to offer all you Cinemaholics. We get into some of our general thoughts of the festival and discuss common themes between the premieres. Plus we dig into our favorite films, from indie headliners like The Fallout and Violet to crowd-pleasing darlings like Language Lessons and Best Summer Ever. And finally we touch on some of the buzziest narrative features and documentaries of the fest, which include Demi Lovato: Dancing with the Devil, Alone Together, and plenty more.
Intro music: “Atlantis (feat. J Vibes)” by Alberto Droguett
- 00:00:00 – Jon reviews Home Alone 4 in front of an entire plane
- 00:04:35 – Our general thoughts on SXSW 2021
- 00:24:15 – Our favorite films of SXSW 2021
- 01:18:10 – Other films worth mentioning from SXSW 2021
- Follow us on Twitter: Jon Negroni, Will Ashton
- Check out our Cinemaholics Merch!
- Leave us a voicemail using The “Swell” App. We post new prompts every week or so.
- Check out our Patreon to support Cinemaholics!
- Email your feedback to cinemaholicspodcast [at] gmail.com.
- Connect with Cinemaholics on Facebook and Twitter.
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ goes boldly where so many blockbusters have gone before - April 4, 2022
- ‘Turning Red’ is pretty wild, even for Pixar - March 8, 2022
- ‘The Batman’ returns to the basics with a vengeance, but not an identity - February 28, 2022